VNSNY Media Placements for December 2021
- NPR featured Michelle Drayton, Director for Hospice and Palliative Care Access, VNSNY, in an article entitled: “Black-Owned Hospice Seeks to Bring Greater Easer in Dying to Black Families.” This piece discusses how well-established hospice agencies have been attempting to minimize barriers with their own diversity initiatives, such as VNSNY, which have been meeting with ministers who counsel families dealing with failing health. Click here to view the article!
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human. Through its network of member stations, NPR makes local stories national, national stories local, and global stories personal. This piece has also been featured on Kaiser Health News and will air on National Public Radio for a total audience across platforms of 55,484,689.
- BronxNet TV featured Deirdré DeLeo, VNSNY Associate Director of Community Mental Health Services Programs in a holiday health segment that provided guidelines for managing stress and depression during the holidays, especially for homebound elders. Click here to watch the video!
BronxNet provides local television by the people of the Bronx, for the people of the Bronx. It has a viewership of 350,000 and its website receives 20,300 unique monthly visitors. BronxNet is also streamed live on Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN), a media learning, production, and distribution hub that promotes creative expression, independent voices and community engagement. Manhattan Neighborhood Network runs Manhattan’s public access TV channels, reaching some 600,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
- PoliticsNY included Dan Savitt, President and CEO of VNSNY and Andria Castellanos, Executive VP and Chief of Provider Services in their inaugural Power Players in Healthcare list of the most influential people in NY healthcare. Profiles of both VNSNY leaders are featured on the PoliticsNY website and newsletter distribution and also appeared in an amNY Metro print edition saluting industry leaders who envision a better health care future for all New Yorkers. Click here to view the article!
PoliticsNY, a daily news site covering the elected officials and government serving New York City, provides in-depth coverage of politics across the five boroughs of NYC. PoliticsNY.com has 900,000 monthly visitors and also publishes the Power Players in Health Care list in the print edition of amNY Metro, which has 350,000 in weekly circulation.
- Home Health Care News (HHCN) featured Dan Savitt, President and CEO of VNSNY, as one of eight home health care leaders weighing in with predictions for 2022 in, “HOME HEALTH CARE 2022 Executive Forecast: Time to Throw Out the Old Home Health Playbook.” The article is a round-up of strategic insights and trends that industry executives say are likely to shape home health care in the coming year. Click here to view the article!
HHCN is an independent source for breaking news and up-to-date information on the senior in-home care industry. Their coverage spans the home care world specifically, from large, national service providers to independent care companies. Their news and perspective gives industry professionals the information they need to make the best decisions in their day-to-day business operations. HHCN has 636,710 monthly visitors.
- Crain’s Health Pulse included VNSNY CHOICE Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Jay Dobkin, in its “At a Glance” news brief on World AIDS Day. The brief notes that in recognition of his leadership in HIV/AIDS work, Dr. Dobkin is receiving the Commissioner’s Special Recognition Award at the NYSDOH’s 23rd Annual World AIDS Day event. Click here to view the article!
Crain’s Health Pulse is a daily newsletter covering the business of healthcare from Crain’s New York Business. Health Pulse is distributed to more than 6,110 subscribers and CNYB Online has 565,000 average monthly unique visitors.
- The National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) featured Elaine Gillard, RN, VNSNY Hospice and Palliative Care and Denise Simmonds, RN, VNSNY Home Care, in an article entitled, “Visiting Nurses Put Your Family First: Balance Taking Care of Your Family and Theirs Over the Holidays.” This piece highlights the dedication and services provided by home health nurses, even during the holidays, when many have to juggle spending time with their families as they care for their patients. Click here to view the article!
NABJ is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides innovative, quality programs and services to its members. The organization advocates on behalf of Black journalists and media professionals in the U.S. and worldwide. NABJ’s membership is more than 4,000 strong and includes emerging journalists, professional journalists, student journalists, journalism educators and media professionals of all kinds. NABJ has 125,780 monthly visitors.
- Positively Aware featured Lisa Spedalle, RN, VNSNY, in, “Transforming Power: The Transgender Community Takes The Reins.” This article discusses not being able to end the HIV epidemic without working with the transgender community. Lisa, working in VNSNY’s Gender Affirmation Program (GAP), can feel patients’ relief and gratitude for the extensive training and knowledge that is provided. Click here to view the article!
Positively Aware has been among the most trusted sources of HIV treatment and advocacy news for almost 30 years and is a national voice for amplifying the concerns and resource needs for people living with HIV across the U.S. They provide accurate, up-to-date treatment information for people living with HIV/AIDS and their caregivers. The magazine serves as an educational tool for HIV caregivers and helps to provide their clients and patients with the best treatment information available. They are also read by influential HIV researchers and policy makers. Positively Aware has an audience reach of 93,000 people and 9,135 monthly visitors online.
- Queens Voice featured Deirdré DeLeo, Associate Director of Programs and Clinical Operations with CMHS, in an article offering guidelines for helping homebound loved ones navigate the holiday season, which can be emotionally and physically challenging for many. Click here to view the article!
Queens Voice is the #1 source for local news and health tips covering Queens. This article also ran in the online and print versions of Manhattan Voice, Bronx Voice, and Your Health Voice for a total print circulation of 40,000 and 48,640 unique visitors per month.
- NYC Patch featured Deirdré DeLeo, Associate Director of Programs and Clinical Operations with CMHS, in an article offering guidelines for helping homebound loved ones navigate the holiday season, which can be emotionally and physically challenging for many. Click here to view the article!
Patch provides hyper-localized content and serves as a community-specific news and information platform dedicated to providing comprehensive coverage for individual towns and communities. In New York, the site receives an estimated 735,896 unique visitors per month, (with more than 36 million UVMs nationally).
- Medium featured Jim Rolla, VNSNY Partners in Care, SVP, in the article, “Five Secrets of Caregiving: Learning from Home Health Aide Pros.” This piece provides words of wisdom that can help family caregivers position themselves and their loved ones for success. Click here to view the article!
- Medium featured VNSNY’s Jennifer Brullo, Senior VP of Patient Care Services, in an article that provides tips on how to check in on our older relatives’ health and wellbeing while visiting for the holidays. Click here to view the article!
- Medium featured Hany Abdelaal, President, VNSNY CHOICE in “Seamless Life Care to the End of Life.” The article focuses on the need for integrated services and holistic oversight across the spectrum of care to keep members safe and healthy as they age at home. CHOICE is one of nine health plans nationwide participating in a new Medicare Advantage Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) model that “carves in” Hospice and Palliative Care to provide seamless care in the last stages of life. Click here to view the article!
Medium serves as an open platform where over 100 million readers come to find insightful and dynamic thinking. Their expert and undiscovered voices alike dive into the heart of any topic and bring new ideas to the surface. Their purpose is to spread these ideas and deepen understanding of the world. Medium has 164,000,000 unique visitors per month.
- PR Underground noted that SelectHealth, from VNSNY CHOICE, participated in a World AIDS Day HIV testing event in the Bronx that was hosted by Essen Health Care, a leading healthcare network and group practice for underserved communities in New York State. At the event, health professionals from SelectHealth, a specialized Medicaid plan from VNSNY CHOICE, and Destination Tomorrow, a grassroots agency and the LGBTQ+ center for the Bronx provided information. NYC Council Members, Vanessa L. Gibson of the Bronx 16th Council District and Diana Ayala of the Bronx 8th Council District were also on hand to speak with constituents about AIDS and its impact on the Bronx community. Click here to view the article!
PR Underground is an online press release distribution service that helps companies publish their news to Google News, 80-250 regional TV and online news websites as well as social media. PR Underground is one of the highest-rated online press release distribution services in the world, according to validated users on G2 Crowd. PR Underground receives 776,475 monthly visitors.